Train With Us
Why choose us?
- We are a LANTRA approved training provider. The UK’s Sector Skills Council for land based and environmental industry training.
- We are the leading expert trainers in traditional mole catching techniques in the UK. Our courses are delivered by our highly qualified specialist trainer.
- All equipment, lunch and refreshments are included.
- There are no specific entry requirements; any individual needs should be discussed prior to booking.
- Upon course completion, you will receive; LANTRA certificate, specialist training guidance notes, mole traps and mole probe.
Louise Chapman BA (Hons) PGCE
Louise is Norfolk’s only lady mole catcher and was trained under the expert tutelage of John Lill, Wildlife Management Expert, in 2011. Before becoming a mole catcher, Louise was a qualified teacher who worked in secondary education. She is also a qualified garden designer and is highly knowledgeable of plants and general garden topics. Louise delivers courses which are lively, informative and informal.
The BRITISH MOLE CATCHERS REGISTER
TRADITIONAL MOLE CATCHING COURSE
Our unique expert, comprehensive 1 day course covers:
- Mole and mole catchers in history and folklore
- Mole biology and physiology
- Characteristics and behaviours of mole
- Poisons and deterrents
- Trap styles, setting and applications
- Topography and soil study
- Legislative issues
- Working economics
- Field instruction; demonstration and practical
Course fee £180 inclusive.
A Lantra ID Card is available for an additional cost of £30.
It is not a requirement to work within wildlife management, to attend our courses; we welcome all who wish to learn about moles and mole control.
Select a date and book online now!
Book Now Norwich, Norfolk. Saturday October 22nd 2016
“I trained with the British Mole Catchers 2 years ago and learnt my skill. I have found membership of the organisation to be very useful; particularly being able to talk to other members in the forum, where we have shared ideas and talked about solutions to problems.”
“I would like to thank you for the great mole catchers course you delivered on Saturday 3rd October 2015. It was full of useful information and delivered in a relaxed and fun environment. It was held in a great location and the the venue and food were excellent. I learnt more than I already knew about moles and it was also great to have some hands on training. I would recommend people to go on this course with your company.”
“Thank you for an excellent, informative training day. We had a great deal of fun and learnt a lot about our velvet gentleman friend. Food was good and the company was better. Would highly recommend it.”
“Louise is thoroughly professional. The course was well organised, and Louise passed on her expert knowledge both in theory and practice. It was both enjoyable and fun.”
“I would just like to thank Louise for her excellently run “Traditional Mole Catching Course”, which I attended on 7th May 2016.
Both classroom and practical content were extremely informative and professional. The venue and lunch was excellent.
Thanks again Louise it was great to meet you.”